Registered Early Childhood Educator
This job posting is for a position in Barrie, Ontario.
Little Start Child Care is a unique facility that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With the expansion of our non-traditional prodigious centre we are currently seeking an experienced full time Registered Early Childhood Educator to join our team. Unique and non-traditional hours are required and as well as being “on-call” in certain instances.
Little Start Child Care Inc. is looking for responsible,
enthusiastic, caring and reliable registered early childhood educator to work
for Little Starts new location. Working with a variety of staff and children in all aspects of
child care you will aid in How Does Learning Happen? programming with
developmentally age appropriate activities, planning outdoor activities,
maintenance/inventory of the classroom, being a part of ratios and a great
You will be responsible for a age group of children, while
ensuring ratio numbers at met all times and following all safety policies and
- Maintain communication with staff during shift changes.
- Able to meet ratio needs due to changing client schedules.
- Work with our Prohibited Practices.
- Follow the Supervision Policy
- Understand Duty to report
- Attend Monthly Staff meetings
- Work within the operational policies and procedures of the organization. Review them often.
- Ask questions as required.
- Offer input into policies to improve and/or bring current information.
- Support the staff.
- Communicate clearly and honestly with staff, parents and children.
- Attend to the children’s physical and mental needs.
- Contribute to the ongoing operation of the centre. (i.e. Cleaning etc)
- Perform any other duties which may be reasonably assigned from time to time to ensure quality and the health and safety of the children and staff in the organization.
- Respect the tasks of others
- Support, guide, and teach students placed in your program using ‘How does learning happen’.
- The image you present is one that will reflect well on the reputations of the Director, other Managers, and the staff.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Demonstrated ability to work with young children of all needs.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Current Immunization records on file.
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Criminal reference check with vulnerable sector (VSS/CRC)- every three years – declaration yearly.
- Dr Note – Mentally and psychically capable to work with children
- Approved references
- Has read and understood the Orientation Manual and agreed to review it as required
- Must be a Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those chosen will be contacted for an interview at this time. Are you the RECE that we are looking for? Tell us why and send us your resume and cover letter today!